You can help make a difference in the lives of women and girls in South Sudan. Founding Executive Director Rita M. Lopidia once said, “We are sick of seeing and hearing about the ordeals of the women and girls of South Sudan, but we are not tired hope is what we hold on to and it is the little things that we do that makes the difference”. Please join EVE Organization, get involved, and support today!
- Donate to support the programs of EVE Organization.
- Support a girl-child go back to school.
- Take a stand on a current issue.Attend EVE Organization’s events.
- Share what we do with colleagues and friends.
- Volunteer your time and talents.
Take a StandEVE Organization has a Facebook page. Of course, we are looking to increase our visibility and disseminate information. However, the most important function of the Facebook page is to give highlights of the organization’s activities as well as generate discussion about topics that are in the news. At least once a week, we post something that we think needs further exploration. We post links to opinion articles on different women issues that our Facebook friends may not have read so that they have an opportunity to comment on them.
One way to take a stand is to “like” our Facebook page, share with your friends and begin commenting on posts. What that will do is make it clear that there are many voices with one vision, “a country in which women and girls live free from the threat of violence, empowered and equally participate in nation building”.
Interns and Volunteers at EVE OrganizationEach year, EVE’s mission of building better communities for women and girls is made possible by volunteer time. Volunteers provide support for events and other programs. In addition, students often work with staff to design and carry out special projects.Do you have a volunteer project or idea you would like to explore in an area that interests you?
Our internship program involves the following:
- • Be part of some of the Organization’s field trips
- • Assist Program Manager in developing proposals
- • Assisting EVE’s staff with any preparations for meetings and workshops;
- • Drafting program reports on the different projects and/or other policies;
- • Using social media platforms to support advocacy on women’s rights and women, peace and security issues;
Requirements for Internship:• Sudan/South Sudan Secondary School certificate or a University Degree • Excellent communication skills with good command of English and/or Arabic • Have interest in working on issues of women’s rights and is current on National issues and events happening in the country including the political situation • Self-sufficient, ability to work within the team and meet deadlines and work with little or no supervision • Enthusiasm, boldness, creativity and willingness to work with different civil society groups • Administrative Responsibilities