EVE Organization for Women Development was established in August 13, 2005 in Sudan and in 2008 in South Sudan and 2017 in Uganda. EVE Organization’s Head Office is in Juba South Sudan, with a liaison Office in Khartoum, Sudan and a regional office in Kampala Uganda. In South Sudan, the Organization operates in five states. Central, Eastern and Western Equatoria states, Western Bahr el Ghazal and Jongolei State.
In Uganda, the organization runs projects in Kiryandongo, Rhino and Bidibidi with a possible expansion to Adjumani. These operating locations were selected based on EVE Organization’s interest of engaging women mostly South Sudanese and develop a strategic stronghold to address the challenges facing women in South Sudan.
Peaceful and Empowered Women in South Sudan
EVE strives to improve the quality of life of South Sudanese women and girls through processes and interventions that help them realize their full potential and effect positive changes and values in the communities through:
- Enhancing and developing capacities of young women leaders to effectively participation in decision making and nation building processes
- Promoting cultural and socio - economic abilities of women to enable them to contribute towards the development of South Sudan
- Promoting the rights and interests of women
- Promoting Health and Education of Women and Girls
- Enabling environment for women to realize their full potential
- Promoting the culture of peace
Areas of Intervention
- Women Political participation
- The Incubator - Young Women Leadership Program
- Sexual and Gender Based Violence
- Peace Building and Conflict Resolution
- Reproductive Health and Socio economic empowerment.