The 2010 South Sudan
elections - After the signing of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement CPA in 2005, a number ......Read more
Eve's Charity Party - At EVE Organization for Women Development, charity day is an annual event scheduled every December during the Christmas season. Eve’s ............Read more
Bridging the gap between CSOs and Women Parliamentarians
- Eve Organization in partnership with Operation 1325 –Sweden organized a two-days meeting from 4 -5 November 2011 to bridge the gap between Organizations and the Women Parliamentarians in Central Equatoria State............Read more
South Sudan Referendum
December 2011 - A year of hope, a new dawn, Self determination and crucial decision making; 2011AD a historic year when the war-ravaged region of southern Sudan has to choose either to remain part of the Sudan or to secede and become a country of its own...........Read more
Advocacy and Monitoring.
Report on the role of women in the SS peace process.
Report on the two day meeting on UNSCR 1325.
UNSCR 1325 Awareness project final report .
UNSCR 1325 National Conference Report.
1325 Baseline Study - South Sudan.
Events and Programs
EVE Organization was founded with the aim of empowering women and addressing challenges that hinder women’s progress in South Sudan. Empowering women involves advocating for policy changes that will adequately address women’s concerns, ensure women’s peace and security and socio-economic stability, and also support their participation and inclusion in decision making and peace processes.
The organization began as an idea from South Sudanese women graduates from various Sudanese Universities in Khartoum who felt frustrated by the situation of women in South Sudan and thought they could come together to help transform the lives of others. Since human beings are organized in social and cultural communities, it is difficult to solve their problems from the outside. Effective and lasting solutions need to come from within the communities because they understand their problems better than people from the outside.
EVE was established on August 13, 2005 and was officially registered with the Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) on January 15, 2006 in Khartoum – Sudan and in 2008 in South Sudan. The Organization has its head quarters in Juba - South Sudan.
Vision of the Organization
“Peaceful, Empowered and Developed Women in South Sudan.
Mission of the Organization:
EVE seeks to empower and develop women in South Sudan to effect positive changes and values in the communities and help transform women into agents of peace. It further seeks to engage more women participation in decision making in the government.
1. Empower and develop women leaders within South Sudan to activate and promote their role and
participation in nation building.
2. Promote cultural and socio -economics abilities of women to enable them
contribute towards the development of South Sudan.
3. Promote democracy and good governance.
4. Promote the education and health of women
5. Strengthen national and international relationships on issues
of women’s human rights.
6. Promote the culture of non violence and peace.
7. Bolster Eve’s capacity and its capability to achieve its objectives and mission efficiently and effectively.